The experience: HEALTH POLICY RESEARCH SCHOLARS
Over the course of the program, scholars will:
- Receive an annual stipend of up to $30,000 for up to four years. They may continue in the program, without the annual stipend, during the ﬁfth year or until completion of their doctoral program, whichever occurs ﬁrst.
- Receive training in health policy translation, dissemination, communication, health equity, and population health.
- Develop high-level leadership skills through professional coaching, networking, and an advanced leadership curriculum, including in-person leadership sessions as well as distance-based learning using interactive technology.
- Continue working from their home institution and applying new learnings in real time.
- Receive dissertation support and mentoring.
- Establish and strengthen professional ties to public health and industry leaders.
- Be eligible for a competitive dissertation grant of up to $10,000.
The result: LEADERS EQUIPPED TO BUILD A CULTURE OF HEALTH IN AMERICA
Upon completion, scholars will be equipped to:
- Lead and collaborate across sectors, professions, and disciplines.
- Engage and develop policy relevant research that supports community-led action.
- Apply research to inﬂuence policy related to population health, health equity, and social determinants of health.
- Frame systemic issues and build policy solutions.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the root causes of inequity, Culture of Health, research, and other concepts.
Tell a friend or colleague
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
These programs continue the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s legacy of supporting the development and diversity of leaders. Initially focused on health and health care, the programs have been expanded, because we know that building a Culture of Health requires all of us in every sector, profession, and discipline working together.
For more than 40 years, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation has worked to improve health and health care. It is working with others to build a national Culture of Health, enabling everyone in America to live longer, healthier lives.